Octopus Charging and Q4 Location Settings

All Audi Q4 related discussions
grahamam1@me.com

Post by grahamam1@me.com »

Hi,

I wonder if someone has experienced trying to connect to Octopus to take advantage of the lower tariff for charging their EV.

I've been through all the stages and seem to be stuck on location settings. Can anyone point me in the right direction. I've tried the MyAudi App without out success. Is there a setting on the car?

Thanks for your help.

KR

Graham

ScottyQ4

Post by ScottyQ4 »

I assume you have changed your electricity supplier?? You will also need a SMETS2 smart meter?
Q4 owner Norfolk

Post by Q4 owner Norfolk »

Hi Graham,
I’ve had the same problem for 2 months now and despite numerous calls to Octopus and Audi no joy.
My car is now going into dealers next week to check if location services are working
Rando

Post by Rando »

I've tried and failed, octopus confirmed that software version 3669 or higher is required to make it work with the Q4.

I'm on the Go tariff until there's a resolution, my podpoint will probably end up being supported before the car will.
Q4 e-tron 40 Edition 1 Mythos Black C+S/Function Pack/21" 5 Spoke
ScottyQ4

Post by ScottyQ4 »

Im on the Go tariff as well. MMI version 3608 - awaiting this illusion software upgrade so I can consider the Intelligent tariff. Are the guys who are migrating over to the octopus intelligent tariff on a different MMI version/ different model years etc.
Rando

Post by Rando »

From what I've read on other forums so far, nobody with 3608 can get it to work, I tried everything but no success.

Very frustrating as I know a lad who's got a full fat Etron and it works fine for him, he's got a golf hybrid too so he just charges that manually to get the cheap rate.
matt_longg

Post by matt_longg »

I queried this issue with octopus as I tried to switch to intelligent from Go Green (what I’m currently still on). I couldn’t get a test charge to work even though it was charging the car just fine.

The price of intelligent is the same as the go green tariff I’m on currently so it’s not really an issue for me, just would be nice to get the extra 2 hours or whatever it is on the cheaper tariff each night/morning considering I never get the full 7KW on my podpoint due to the other software error many of us have…

Anyway, when I queried this with octopus I was told the following;

“ Audi have recently made some changes to their API which has caused some of our customers to be unable to sign on with Audi e-trons. This is a known issue currently and is being treated as a high priority with our team. I have added your account to the list of the affected accounts and once a resolution has been found, you will be directly contacted by a member of the Intelligent team.”

Apologies if this info has already been shared on here but thought it was worth while anyways. Now we wait I suppose…
Rando

Post by Rando »

Matt which software are you on?
matt_longg

Post by matt_longg »

Rando wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:42 pm
Matt which software are you on?
I’m on 3812, I assume that’s the newest available as I only got the car new in November.
grahamam1@me.com

Post by grahamam1@me.com »

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your responses. At least some of you are feeling my pain. I'll try and resolve this at the dealership.

KR

Graham