Octopus Charging and Q4 Location Settings

All Audi Q4 related discussions
Tony

Post by Tony »

Q4 owner Norfolk wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:19 pm
Hi, I have had the same ongoing saga with Octopus and kept being told its location services issue and then it now seems that Audi didn’t include location services on cars built before Jan 2022! Mine was a Nov 21 build and Jan 22 delivery minus the location services. Octopus tell me it’s impossible to have the intelligent tariff without then knowing when my car is at home.

So thanks again Audi for not delivering as specification originally promised and forcing owners to be out of pocket!
Ahh crap, do you know if it's related to software? Will the v3.2 update fix this or is this location a hardware thing?

lexathon

Post by lexathon »

I have an Oct '21 car, but now updated. I can see the car's location in the app, so presumably this is possible now? Interested to know as I need to make a decision on another go contract or switch to intelligent.
Tony

Post by Tony »

Phew that's encouraging!
robrymond

Post by robrymond »

The 3.2 update has enabled the location on the older models as ours now works with Intelligent tariff.
Q4NE

Post by Q4NE »

My car is Feb 21. Had the update and works brilliantly with intelligent Octopus and pod point.
Jasmineint

Post by Jasmineint »

Really struggling to get our Q4 to work with Intelligent. Have share location settings on. Anyone have any other tips?! Driving me mad and costing a lot of money to charge at peak times! When I press Test Connection it comes back with Uh Oh Somethings gone wrong immediately. I don’t think it even looks for a connection!
Lighting

Post by Lighting »

I not on IO but the Go green tariff. I charge the car with timer set in the podpoint app.
( I could also use the timer in the Audi app )

My work colleague is on the IO tariff and users the same principle with charging is cars ( not at the same time) . He has his timer set for 11.30pm until 5.30am .
He also has his washing machine/ dishwasher running over night as well .
Dharam01

Post by Dharam01 »

Dear all, did you manage to get this issue sorted please?
I am trying to get into the Octopus Intelligent tariff too for my Q4 eTron 40 but got stuck on the last step when Octopus tries to log into the car. It came back with the following:
The connection was successful, but we couldn't fid any available vehicles.
Check the following, and try again:
1. Ensure your vehicle has Location Settings turned on.
2. Ensure your vehicle has been updated to the latest firmware version

The Retry

Well, I have upgraded the firmware to 3812, which i believe is the latest for the Q4.

Any ideas how i set the Locations Settings in my car? I spent half an hour in the car but could not locate it. Took it to Audi dealer and they did not know either. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Tony

Post by Tony »

I'm in conversation with Octopus about this, they're being super helpful but not sure what the issue is sadly.
Tony

Post by Tony »

Dharam01 wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:52 am
Any ideas how i set the Locations Settings in my car? I spent half an hour in the car but could not locate it. Took it to Audi dealer and they did not know either. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
I think it's located in privacy, share location? Will check for you tomorrow.