Excessive water on inside of Windscreen

Faults and Technical chat for the Audi Q4
DansQ4

Post by DansQ4 »

So I went to drive to work this morning, obviously been a bit of a cold snap over night and had to de-ice the car. As I am driving off I am wondering why the water droplets are still on the windscreen, only to then realise the water was on the INSIDE of the car and subsequently all over the front of the dash.....! Anyone else suffered this? Now booked in but they're telling me they're not sure they will be able to solve it unless they can replicate the weather conditions.... :lol:

Lighting

Post by Lighting »

In my case this morning (after pre-warming the cabin up 15mins ) , I also had condensation on the inside of screen. I wouldn't say excessive but I thought it was down to the car standing around for a couple of days in low outside temperatures.
What annoyed me was the side mirrors refused to open with the ice.
Tony

Post by Tony »

Had the same today, assuming condensation from heating the car up? Can't recall it being that bad over Christmas but then it was -5 yesterday.
DansQ4

Post by DansQ4 »

Tony wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:34 am
Had the same today, assuming condensation from heating the car up? Can't recall it being that bad over Christmas but then it was -5 yesterday.
Interesting you had the same. It went into the garage but because they couldn't replicate the cold weather on site they couldn't actually do anything. The windscreen still fogs up in the mildest of weather which is relaly annoying as you have to put the heating on to clear it.