Audi Q6

The place to discuss everything else..
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

As some of you may know, Audi will be releasing another EV next year, the Audi Q6. Bigger than the Q4 and more Q5 size from what I understand.

The have started to release some information which you might like to see:

Audi Q6 Prototype Reviews
Audi Q6 Prototype Pictures
Audi Q6 LED Lighting

The Q6 E-tron is an electric entrant into what Audi calls “the most important segment” on the market, and has an especially significant role to play in serving as an electric alternative to the hugely popular Audi Q5.

audi-q6-e-tron-front-cornering.jpg

audi-q6-e-tron-rear-detail.jpg

AudiQ6etronFAEROER195.jpg

AudiQ6etronFAEROER065.jpg

AudiQ6etronFAEROER202.jpg

A234101_overfull.jpg

A234097_overfull.jpg

Tony

Post by Tony »

Very Q4 like! Not too sure about the split headlights 🤔
DRH

Post by DRH »

Two excellent reviews:

https://youtu.be/iZHC_LGFekw

and the excellent Thomas..

https://youtu.be/u98CRbjN7M4

Finally a PPE based vehicle from Audi (it will also underpin the A6 eTron, Macan and others to come), the PPE being Premium Platform Electric. Hopefully brings Audi back to the Vorspung Dutch Technik cutting edge they used to have, high efficiency, great charging curve (270Kw max) not the highest but hopefully a flat charging curve between 10 - 80%, new internal cabin also needed to surpass BMW and Mercedes (assumes they have worked out how to write software). What kind of range can the PPE platform really provide, one review has the range stated as 370 miles with a 100Kw battery pack.
Tony

Post by Tony »

Too little too late in my opinion.
DRH

Post by DRH »

I can certainly understand why you might say that, as someone who ordered a Q4 50 SB Vorsprung back in September 21 with no delivery, but the PPE platform for Audi and Porsche (Bentley as well perhaps) should allow them to catch up, if not lead for a while, BMW and Mercedes. But, this assumes the interior and the software moves on a generation from the previous offerings, I think that is as important as the hardware.