Over sensitive sensors

Faults and Technical chat for the Audi Q4
Jobby

Post by Jobby »

I've had my Q4 for about a year now and suffer from various faults / annoyances. I'm not sure how many of these are software / senior calibration issues and how many are just bad design.

Couple of examples:

(Air Con)
(1) Air con seems to be either full on blasting cold or heating up. Its like the original aircon functions in decades gone past rather than climate control that adjusts to the temp. It also seems to heat / cool based on external temps rahter than inside the car which is dumb (I may imagine this!)

(2) the front windscreen heater / aircon button stays on for about 30s then turns back off - even if the windscreen is still foggy

(Adaptive Cruise Control)
(1) Super over-sensitive. If I'm turning a corner with bushes to the side of the road, the car slows down! It also slows down for cars in adjacent lanes when the way ahead in my lane is clear
(2) Speed limit reading. I've had to disable the function to automatically slow down if going over the speedlimit. The car sees 50 mph signs on the back of lorries and slams on the breaks in the middle of the motorway!!

Does any one else have similar problems? I'm trying to work out if this is just bad design or whether I have a defective car that I should get Audi to look at...

Cheers

Tony

Post by Tony »

Jobby wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:59 am
(Adaptive Cruise Control)
(1) Super over-sensitive. If I'm turning a corner with bushes to the side of the road, the car slows down! It also slows down for cars in adjacent lanes when the way ahead in my lane is clear

Yeah this is an odd one, I found the opposite was also an issue. If I set my car to 60mph but the car in-front is doing 34mph my car will slow down to follow, but if the car in-front turns around a corner and vanishes off my cars radar my car will start to speed back up to 60mph on a corner 😳

I generally turn it off now on country roads.

Likewise if I'm doing 70mph and indicate to over-take a car my car instantly speeds up and it's like...woah...I'm doing mirror signal and manoeuvre, do not speed me up before I've manoeuvred!

It's an odd one at times.