Tech Pack Pro - Build Delays?

All Audi Q4 related discussions
James K

Post by James K »

Hi all……first time poster and soon to be first time Audi owner! not yet purchased my Q4 45 Black Edition but I am receiving conflicting information on the implications on build time of adding a tech pro pack, “no impact so 4-5 months” versus “big impact so 12-18 months” - the conflict is coming from 2 separate dealerships.

Any insights and/or experiences would be welcomed.

Thanks.

Dunders71

Post by Dunders71 »

Although I ended up taking a Vorsprung already in the system I was quoted 21 weeks for a 55 BE with Tech Pack Pro, and 16 weeks for the same but a Sportback, both factory orders. Hope that helps.
On order - Q4 55 Vorsprung. Due March 24.
Murchison 2003

Post by Murchison 2003 »

From previous experience, i was over 2 years and still never got my order so be prepared to be strung along.
James K

Post by James K »

Thanks for the replies so far, I appreciate you taking the time, they reinforce the conflicts I’m getting from the 2 dealerships which is frustrating and will probably drive me to a completely different Manufacturer.
Zstar

Post by Zstar »

I did hear that the April onwards delivery dates were expected for the 2023 orders affected by the tech pack pro. My dealer had said in early January allow 21 weeks plus add a 1 month contingency due to tech pack pro issue but not sure they were confident on timescales until the first 2024 tech pack pro cars got build dates. My Jan order paperwork had a 12 month estimated delivery date, not sure if they are covering themselves due to the historic delays. I have head of October 2023 orders without tech pack pro being delivered in Jan so the lead times are definitely improving and would suggest 4/5 months is definitely possible.
Handydave

Post by Handydave »

I ordered a Q4 45 with Tech Pack Pro at the start of October 2024. It was originally scheduled for build week 01/24, but that slipped to build week 16 (w/b 15 April). Will have to wait and see.

Sorry I can’t help with lead time it you’re ordering now.
netutgamer

Post by netutgamer »

Had a Q4 with TechPack Pro ordered back in August, which was originally quoted as April, then shifted to January, and then slid all the way out to June in the latest update.

What really surprises me is it's the 360 camera in the pack that causes the problem - which isn't something "new" to the Audi range. I'm not sure how this is something that would cause nearly a year of delay given we're not in these same component shortage state was we were during Covid.

Not sure what that would mean to new orders placed today.
Julievfox

Post by Julievfox »

I've ordered an AUDI Q4 E-TRON SPORTBACK 210KW 45 QUATTRO 82KWH SPORT through LeasePlan around a month ago.

I've heard nothing from Audi to confirm they even have the order and what the lead times might be. Would anyone have an email address for Audi that could get through to correct department. If like some others on these threads the wait is going to be a year then I will cancel and order a different brand. Any help appreciated!